Wallpaper

Monday, November 17, 2014

If you know me, you know I love wallpaper. If Chad was willing to install it in more rooms I would plaster it everywhere. It can make such an impact in a room and also hide a multitude of imperfections if you have questionable walls. Not all wallpaper is created equal though,  as I can tell you after taking down two layers of 70s vinyl wallpaper in the living room. This is why I am so glad I found Spoonflower. This way you can have removable wallpaper at a reasonable price in either your own design or one from the Spoonflower Marketplace where independent artists get a commission from every sale.

As I mentioned in this post, I've been working with an amazing client to make her rental apartment a chic, feminine, modern yet cozy space. She knew she wanted wallpaper somewhere in the space but wanted to keep it within budget so a large wall was out. The entryway, or entry wall in this case, is often the perfect space to try a little bit more pattern or colour. It was important in this room because the best place for the sofa was facing the entry wall so I wanted to give it some extra punch. It was hard to narrow down our choices from Spoonflower but we needed something to reference the colour scheme of blue, coral, mint and grey. To get sense of the other side of the living room here was the original moodboard...


...and here are a few of the final contenders:

Birch Grove in Greige and Rich Cream by Sparrowsong

Blushing Peacock by Peacoquette Designs

Coral Jubilee by Evie&Co

William Morris Strawberry Thief in Blue and White by Peacoquette Designs

Mexico Springtime White on Linen (Large Scale) by SammyK
What do you think? Thanks to the mock-ups I think we're down to a choice between the birch trees and the William Morris pattern that references the throw pillows. Just in case you're looking for even more options, I've rounded up another nine that I'd put up in a heartbeat (click on the numbers below the image for the source).

1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9


3 Response to Wallpaper

November 26, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Hi!
I am the designer of the peacock and the William Morris and I just discovered this lovely blog as I was vanity googling my business.

If I can help in any way, please visit Peacoquette.com and let me know!

The ideas look great!
~Sarah

November 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Hello Sarah,

I love that you called it 'vanity googling' I'm going to use that in conversation! You have a lovely name and a lovely business. Thank you for saying hello and I'll be sure to contact you if I need anything.

Best,
Sarah

November 30, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Thanks for the feature!

Amy @ Sparrowsong Studios!

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger