Halloween Decor

Thursday, October 30, 2014


Happy Halloween Everyone! Now I will be the first to say that I don't really like Halloween as an adult. I mean I love the candy but the whole forced costume thing, I hate. In the past I've always somehow managed to make vintage dresses into a costume. I've been a random lady from the 50's and 60's a few times and then just wait for someone to reference a character and agree. This year we're actually hosting a party (obviously not my idea) but I've really gotten into the idea of decorating for Halloween. Maybe it's because I already have so much black and white that it's been easy to transition into a restrained Halloween palette. Either way,  I'm all set and prepped for the party so let's take a peek into my Halloween decor (with a few cameos from Bill the kitten).





Almost all of my decorations are from Target and Walmart as well as re-purposed items I took a can of spray paint to. All of the pumpkins are from my Thanksgiving table setting that have been painted. The tree branches were left over from an outdoor planter project I made my sister help with. When she was visiting I made her go with me to steal branches from neighbors yard clippings and drag them back home. A few coats of spray paint later and I love them as a decor element.






I think the black bat wall decals are my favourite part - subtle but still Halloween. It's unfortunate they don't stick very well and I've already had a few casualties. 






The 3-D bats on my metal wall hanging, the black cat bowl (how could I say no?) and the skull candle that supposedly melts red wax (I'll let you know how that turns out) are all from Target. I used some left over ribbon to add a black detail to my lamp and the tree branch candles are from Crate & Barrel. The runner was another piece I already had.







The hanging paper fans are from Target and hold together with a magnet so they will definitely be reusable (in case someone convinces me to have another Halloween party). The skull and cross-bone garland is also a Target find. I used a large glass vase to hold my black branches and wrapped it in some of my leftover Thanksgiving table runner. The amazing glitter skull is from Walmart.





I'm happy that a lot of these pieces can be re-used and incorporated into my normal decor. I sense a few skull candles lingering around long after Friday. Now my Halloween costume, that's another story. I should probably try and go finish that - wish me luck! What about you, are you dressing up your house or yourself for Halloween?


No Response to "Halloween Decor"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger