Happy Friday everyone! It's been a long week over here at Casa Brownie. Last week Chad found a kitten in the middle of a rainstorm stuck in between our hedge and the neighbours fence. His mom is definitely the pretty grey stray cat we see around the neighbourhood. We've always had a strict two cat policy that implies having two cats means you love cats but having more than two seems to mean you are a crazy cat lady. But how could I say no to such a cute little fur ball...
Anyhow, back to the weekend links. While I'm busy trying to entertain a five week old kitten here are some things to check out:
- Now that we're "crazy cat people", this diy modern pet bowl stand would at least make us look like stylish crazies.
- My favourite back in print decor magazine Domino, lists a great round-up of the best diy blogs.
- Nicole from Making it Lovely has some patio furniture recommendations that are right up my alley -hello 70s.
- Not much else to say about this gorgeous pastel drawing except that it's indeed gorgeous.
- House and Home editor, Margot Austin is embarking on what should be a stellar condo kitchen makeover - follow her journey here.
- Ever wonder what other peoples dirty little housekeeping secrets are? (I rarely hang up my clothes until there's a huge pile) Design Sponge asks just that.
- Master stylist Abigail Ahern, gives a lesson in creating the most impactful consoles, shelves and mantles.
- Benjamin Curran seems to find the most beautiful mid-century modern furniture in Montreal and then restores it to its former glory. It's so hard not to want to buy everything!
- Fellow Montreal blogger Marie-Eve Best of Lake Jane highlighted all the hard work she's been doing on her yard and garden. I can't wait until we're done and someday have a cute deck to enjoy.