The Updated Bathroom

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I can't exactly call this a big reveal or a big renovation because we haven't quite tackled it yet. The bathroom is in perfect working order-for the 1950's. Now, I love a good retro bathroom and really it isn't that bad but I know it could be so much better. Here is the photo from the real estate listing:



























Firstly, it was very, very clean and well taken care of- so that won points with me. I love some of the retro details like the black border tile and the built in cup and toothbrush holder. Secondly, it has potential due to what I call the "hobbit-hole". There is a door just out of frame that opens into a huge storage area under the rafters. I'll do a whole post about what the possible renovation plans could be (one with a realistic budget and one with a dream budget-hello glass shower room and Turkish tile floor).

 I painted away the yellow right after I finished painting away the pink in the bedroom. It's amazing what a coat or two of white paint can do.


Other than painting, I removed the curtain inside the shower (obviously), added a simple black and white shower curtain and a few accessories. The crazy bird-hat lady photo is someone's old modeling portfolio shot that I found at the flea market and the vase, soap dispenser and shower curtain are all from Target. Chad also had to add in an outlet because there wasn't a single one in the bathroom.







































The only thing I'm struggling to live with is the floor. We have to save up enough money and create another bathroom in the basement before we even start on this one. I had hoped there might be some cute black and white tile under the peel-and-stick tiles but sadly, there is only more linoleum. Even though we won't be tackling this reno in the near future, it hasn't stopped me from planning and 'pinning' away. Is your bathroom your dream bathroom and if not  how do you make the one you have work for right now?



3 Response to The Updated Bathroom

Anonymous
April 8, 2014 at 6:34 AM

you could get some cheap peel and stick b&w tiles for now.. or maybe even paint, I've seen a bunch of great painted floors. slap on some poly for durability and you're good to go!

April 8, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Thanks Jenn, I totally agree- I'm going to look for some black and white peel and stick tiles and maybe make a weekend project out of it.

April 5, 2017 at 4:41 AM

Such a great renovation! I never even thought of using peel and stick tiles, I only want a few around my sink area and was putting it off because I didn't fancy dealing with the messy grout.

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger