New Apartment Tour-Bedroom

Monday, February 25, 2013


The final room on the tour. I'm going to spare you the backyard shed and garden still covered in snow. Is it Spring yet? There is not much point in showing you a before picture of the bedroom because there was nothing in it. It fits our king size bed and has a large double closet, two things that sold me on the initial tour. A few changes I've made to the room are painting one wall grey (surprise, surprise- this happens when you have a lot of leftover grey paint) and removing the plug in lights that hung on the wall beside the bed. They didn't fit after we made the headboard. I'm going to save a whole other post for our projects in this room. Most of my DIYs come out of not having the money for something I want-like a $2000 headboard. Seriously-who knew a king sized headboard was so expensive?










The dresser and night tables were part of my grandmother's bedroom set. They'd been sitting in storage waiting until I finally moved back from Nunavut. The bedding, lamps and tree branch pillows are from Homesense. The lamps actually came with off-white shades that I covered in an ikat fabric from Ebay (another easy DIY-messy but easy!) The yellow pillow with Dwell Studio fabric was also from Ebay. The blue framed print was artwork that-like the living room metal starburst-had been at my family cottage and something I always admired. I don't think anyone else liked it as much I as I did. I remember making up stories about the blue bird in the picture. It's nice to finally have all of these pieces I've always wanted to incorporate in my home finally here. 


No Response to "New Apartment Tour-Bedroom"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger